John Thompson posts on Journalism.co.uk 10 things every journalist should know. It's a great list"
1. That it's imporant to use Twitter.
2. That it's important to use RSS.
3. That link journalism is important.
4. That your readers are smarter than you.
5. That chunrnalism --- simply redistributing press releases --- isn't fooling anyone.
6. That Google is your friend.
7. That many of the new tools are free.
8. That mulitimedia should not be done for multimedia's sake.
9. That journalism needs to be search engine-friendly.
10. That it's important to learn about privacy.