Thompson identifies and illuminates 10 critical questions for journalism. They are thoughtful, reflective and urgent queries for the craft.
1. Is our work informative or distractive?
2. How important is our work for the community we serve?
3. Are we getting at the bigger story or just the newer story?
4. Are we synthesizing or merely aggregating?
5. How are we helping those who know nothing or a lot?
6. What kind of transparency are we providing along the way?
7. Are we using text when a photo would be better?
8. How are our filters?
9. Will our audience find our work?
10. How are we managing our own information overload?
They're expanded upon in his post.