Jon Fine starts the predict-the-next-year-ball rolling with a column in Business Week on what he anticipates in media in the time ahead. Among the ideas:
1. It gets worse before it gets better.
2. Online advertising comes down to earth.
3. More media consolidation.
4. Time Warner buys something.
5. TV networks whacked hard by ad slowdown.
6. Rupert Murdoch buys and disappoints.
7. Magazine circulation gets new calculation.
8. Radio rolls out hipster format.
9. New York Times sells About.com to buy time.
10. New companies formed by the pink-slipped.