Among the questions:
1. How much circulation was cut willingly?
2. What's happening with time spent on the Web site?
3. How is community connection measured?
4. How is unique visitor count growing --- organically or through SEO?
5. How many advertisers?
6. What percentage of the business comes strictly from online?
7. How much business is coming from selling your own products?
8. How much comes from selling others' inventory?
9. How are your salespeople using social media to assist merchants?
Doctor adds a bonus question: How much of the lost business do you expect will come back?
His quiz aims to help publishers determine the strength and weakness of the enterprise. He also cites the loss of journalists --- and their stories, written and read --- as a fundamental shift.