Ken Doctor adds his voice to the long, long line of bloggers and columnists taking space on whither (or wither) the newspaper.
Coming this late in the discussion, he has some advantages in dissembling the arguments of others, but his post is quite sound in its criticism.
His main points:
1. Look elsewhere for revenue. You can't put the Genie back in the bottle, or the firewall back up.
2. Don't try to push people back into print.
3. Master the new world of advertising.
4. Think news, not newspapers.
5. Don't complain about the decline of the press and then fail to pay for it.