The session was sponsored by the Reynolds Journalism Institute and featured speakers on the tension of transforming news organizations into mobile-friendly creators.
Among the points:
1. Put someone in charge. Like the Internet projects initially, this isn't a function that should be divided with other duties.
2. Content is king, but convenience is very important in the experience. Ensure the latter is dealt with.
3. Mobile doesn't mean a website tweak. It's a whole new platform.
4. Focus on local, location based, and social functionality.
5. Don't forget dumb phones, too.